New Braunfels River Recreation Update
Summer isn't over #InNewBraunfels – Effective tomorrow, September 9, at 8 a.m., City river parks will reopen!
Parks along the Comal and Guadalupe rivers, including Prince Solms Park, Hinman Island, River Acres Park, and Cypress Bend Park, will be open to the public with some restrictions in order to make social distancing possible.
Stay cool, stay safe, and JUMP IN!
River Rafting and Tubing:
- Public River Parks, Access, and Exits are open as of Wednesday, September 9th.
- River outfitters still remain unable to rent out equipment.
- Contact an outfitter for parking availability, camping and picnic information.
Additional Available Water Recreation
- Schlitterbahn Waterpark - closed for the season.
- Texas Ski Ranch is open– call in advance.
- Landa Park Aquatic Complex is open – call in advance.
- Canyon Lake has most areas open – call in advance.
Planning for your visit:
- Face Coverings are required if you are unable to be 6 feet apart.
- Find open businesses here.
- Campgrounds are open.
- Lodging is open.
- Restaurants are open.
- Many Non-Water Attractions, such as Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch and Stars & Stripes Drive-In Theater, are open.