These Quaint Cottages On The Banks Of The Comal River In Texas Will Make Your Summer Splendid
It’s no secret that tubing is one of our favorite summer activities here in Texas, so why not plan a whole vacation around it? With homes located right along the river, Comal River Cottages are luxury and charm all in one.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life as we all practice social and physical distancing. While we’re continuing to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, we don’t expect or encourage you to go check them out immediately. We believe that supporting local attractions is important now more than ever and we hope our articles inspire your future adventures! And on that note, please nominate your favorite local business that could use some love right now: https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/nominate/.
- With properties both along the banks of the Comal River and Union Street, Comal River Cottages somehow manage to feel like secluded oases while being close to Texas Tube rental, Landa Park, Schlitterbahn, and historic downtown New Braunfels and Gruene (respectively.) Situated just before the famous tube chute, the grounds feature 330 feet of grassed riverfront landscape.
- There are eight cottages between the two locations, sleeping anywhere from four to 16. Fully furnished, these waterfront retreats are a perfect blend of charm and luxury.
- Cook your favorite meals in a full kitchen with granite countertops, an island, oven, and gas burners. In the mornings, pop a K-cup in the Keurig and leisurely sip your morning coffee without a care in the world.
- Bedrooms vary in size and amount depending on the cottage, but they're all plenty spacious. Fluffy mattresses, down pillows, and silky smooth linens make for the deepest, most rejuvenating night's sleep you've ever had away from home.
- Head out onto your very own private porch or balcony and enjoy the view.
- Bring the fun outside with patio furniture, charcoal grills, and hammocks for the ultimate hangout setup. Paradise does exist, and it's much closer than you might have thought.
- Whenever you're ready to hop in the river, there's no driving or shuttle required. Just walk down the steps, flop in your tube, and float the day away.
Have you ever stayed in the Comal River Cottages? If so, we’d love to hear all about your experience! Check out our previous article for a waterfront restaurant where the views are almost as good as the food: A Stunning Waterfront Restaurant In Texas, The Oasis Offers Magnificent Sunset Views.
Are there any restaurants, businesses, or other attractions in Texas you think the world should know about? Head over to our nomination page and give them a shoutout — you just might see your submission featured in an upcoming article!
Address: 405 E Zink St, New Braunfels, TX 78130, USA
- Katie Lawrence | May 14, 2020