Schlitterbahn announced on Tuesday that its first phase of opening for the 2020 season will take place on Saturday. (Photo by Erich Schlegel/Getty Images)
NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas - Schlitterbahn announced on Tuesday that its first phase of opening for the 2020 season will take place on Saturday.
The initial opening, which includes the New Braunfels and Galveston parks, will be for season passholders only. The parks have also implemented new health, safety and hygiene protocols, and are also limiting capacity to allow for a phased opening. Reservations will be required for all guests.
"As a true Texas tradition, we’re excited to welcome back our guests and associates to a healthy environment where safety is the highest priority," said Darren Hill, Schlitterbahn New Braunfels General Manager. " We’re ready to have fun again with enhanced safety measures and operational procedures implemented throughout both of our waterparks and resort properties that align with CDC guidance and are informed by our internal and industry health and safety experts. We appreciate the support and guidance from local officials and the Governor’s Task Force during the reopening process, and we’re ready to again deliver the ‘Hottest, Coolest Time in Texas."
The parks have implemented numerous health, safety and hygiene enhancements throughout the properties that will allow them to open at limited capacity while being in compliance with state and local health guidelines. New protocols to create a safe and clean environment include:
- A new online reservation system: each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear masks as directed by the protocols;
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhances cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitization stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
The parks will have limited capacity and hours during the first phase of opening, but will be expanding to daily admission guests after an exclusive pass holder preview.
All guests are asked to visit Schlitterban website to make reservations before their visit to the park. Passholder reservations will open on Thursday.
- SBG San Antonio Staff Reports for cbsaustin.com | June 9, 2020